wikkid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Attempting to get a little more active

On 18/05/12 01:00, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:09:37AM +1200, Tim Penhey wrote:
Just committed a revision to allow wikkid to not think it is the
centre of the universe and expect to be at the root of the site.

Primarily this has been driven by the needs of two local guys who
are integrating wikkid into sloecode.

I'm hoping to have some more work done over the coming months, both
on this and my wikitext project.
What's your wikitext project?

It is still very embryonic. Effectively it is a project to define actual grammars for wiki text languages, like creole, markdown, moin, etc, and parse into an intermediate object model.

This object model will then have emitters, like HTML or other wiki languages.

This idea came about over time dealing with a lot of different packages for handling parsing wiki formats. That and the inability to easily extract just the moin moin formatter from the moin source.

In other wikkid-related news, I have been working on a dulwich
backend for wikkid: https://code.launchpad.net/~jelmer/wikkid/dulwich
It sortof seems to work, but still has as bunch of failing tests.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that :-)

I still have more ideas than time, but hopefully with enough prodding, I'll actually get more done.

Cheers,
Tim