winterize-users team mailing list archive

Blueprints

More blueprints have been added, representing what must be true about Winterize when it's deployed. We're narrowing down essentials, the must-haves, and then later when we contemplate what it must do, we can go about seeing exactly how it might all work in the absolute simplest possible manner, so that it can become someone more without having to refactor everything.

When these blueprints become work items, get approved, and are integrated into the system, it will then become time for users to see a running instance and provide better feedback about what works or not. So we can't implement too much up front, just the essentials. That's what the blueprints for now are, the bare essentials.

To summarize what we have so far, we have:

franklin-street-statement -- supporting freedom of the software itself and data that you wish to share.

rest-compliance -- the API for resources being HTTP itself, which lends to simplicity and more universal application.

content-negotiation -- goes along with REST, dealing with resources in different formats

cors -- decentralized wiki means crossing boundaries, which is what CORS is all about

pypi -- deploying to any operation system

toy-app-server -- early testing to explore the efficacy of certain Python frameworks and packages.