wintermute-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Rolling Release Vs. Versioned.

On 31 August 2011 18:29, SII <dante.ashton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I've been thinking; if everything goes to plan, WIntermute should be able
> to automatically upgrade itself to the latest version.
> So, with that in mind, when the system is finally ready to be released; why
> don't we go with a rolling release model, instead of a versioned one?

Yes, that would be more flexible for such system. We only have to make sure
that constant flow of changes won't turn into a mess. Of course, some
information about version is always useful for management purposes. I am
only wondering how to manage such scheme where different parts of system can
be upgraded independently. By the way, will Wintermute use DEB packages for
software managing internals or should we design something different
(possibly still based on packages)?