wintermute-devel team mailing list archive

[request] Co-Development of Two Projects

*This message is directed to the head of development of Speech Control
(*Abhijit
Navale <https://launchpad.net/~abhi-navale>).

As we delivered before, SpeechControl (SC) and the Synthetic Intellect
Institute (SII) are two separate entities that apparently hold equivalent
views about artificial intelligence and its technologies as a whole to the
open source community. Thus, I see it proper if both development teams, that
of Wintermute's force and SpeechControl's force both manage the following
projects:

   -  openMary Library <https://launchpad.net/libopenmary-c++>: This should
   be renamed to MARY TTS - Library. Wintermute will take advantage of the
   speech technologies of this engine (there's word on their mailing lists of
   making a C++ library, potentially making this obselete).
    - Ubuntu Voice Recognition Toolkit<https://launchpad.net/cmusphinx-train>:
   When I first started this project, I had a huge ambition for this project.
   Now, with the knowledge I have now about automatic speech recognition and
   potential means of implementing multi-user speech recognition, this project
   should blossom.

For those of these projects to head to the full horizon that I had
envisioned for them, I feel that we as two entities need to pool our
(limited) resources to bring them to fruitation.

Thank you.
--
Jacky Alcine
http://www.jackyalcine.co.cc