wintermute-devel team mailing list archive

[info] Welcome to Wintermute Development: An Overview and Set of Rules and Procedures

As you all may know, you've been selected to work on an open source project
that plans to import many of the aspects of artificial intelligence, ranging
from speech technologies to intelligent heuristics. You've joined the
project a point where you can be considered a legacy and originating
developers, where interesting new aspects of the system can be thought of,
designed and implemented.

It's recommended that everyone does the following:

   - *Get Some Code By* *Forking:* Fork all (or only the code you find
   interesting) from our organization's repository on GitHub at (
   http://www.github.com/wntr). We do this so we can maintain a hierarchy on
   who gets root commit access and to allow people to enhance upon each other's
   work without breaking the public build (like your silly head developer,
   myself, did).
      - *Pull Requests: *Pull requests are a way of asking developers to
      check over and add code from another branch into a "master" or
"head" branch
      for public use. This is done by clicking 'Pull Request' typically on the
      branch that you want the code to be sent *to*, as opposed to pull your
      local code. However, we recommend that you make a pull request
to your local
      code whenever the master code changes; it follows the same procedures.
      - *Issues:* Issue handling on GitHub should be focused only on pull
      requests. Anything related to bug management (the act of requesting
      assistance with code or an aspect of repairing a batch of code) should be
      done on Launchpad (see *Place Bugs*)
   - *Ask Questions on Mailing List:* I know that I do hold a lot of the
   answers to questions being asked, but it's difficult if they aren't asked
   *directly on the mailing list*. This way, I'd be able to attack issues
   with one fell swoop and potentially have someone correct a mistake that I
   might haven not noticed. We all are only human (right? [?]).
   - *Place Bugs:* If you notice that a problem's causing issues for at
   least you and another person, place a bug by clicking here
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/wintermute/+filebug. When filing a bug, make
   sure to explain what's wrong, how it's causing a problem for you and where
   you *think* it's located at as well as a way to fix. Use tags to help us
   organize the bugs in a systematic manner and keep the bug up to date with
   progress about fixing or closing it.

I don't have a problem with you guys e-mailing me, but it's unfair for those
who don't get to share in the wealth. The mailing lists <
https://lists.launchpad.net/wintermute-devel> are for us to exploit our
thinking capabilities; don't waste them! Any question should be just asked
on the Developer's mailing list.

Once again, I thank you all for deciding to join the Wintermute work force.
--
Jacky Alcine
http://www.jackyalcine.co.cc

GIF image