wintermute-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Voice Recognition - Status

I've noticed something regarding detecting the WER (Word Error Rate)
or the error rate of the recognition from PocketSphinx. On their Wiki[1], the
formula for the Word Error Rate would be described as follows:

"Let['s say] we have [some] original text and [a] recognition text of
length of *N* words. From [that set], *I* words were inserted; *D*
words were deleted and *S* words were substituted. [The] word error
rate [would be]

WER = (I + D + S) / N

WER is usually measured in percent."

Something to note, is there a means of pulling any of the values of
these variables from the API?

There's also a formula for accuracy and speed but WER seems like the
best way to check this stuff.

[1] http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/wiki/tutorialconcepts#what_is_optimized