x301 team mailing list archive

Re: Problem with wwan on newer kernel

On 03/02/2009 02:49 PM, Mikael Sennerholm wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Anyone else having problem with 3GWWAN (Ericsson f3507g) and
> linux-image-2.6.27-11-generic kernel package? Earlier kernel package
> (linux-image-2.6.27-9-generic) found the WAN card as /dev/ttyACM[0-2]
> but the -11 kernel sometimes found it as a lot of /dev/ttyUSB[0-9] with
> some strange errors.
>
> Earlier I have used the instruction on
> http://www.bjw.me.uk/2008/12/howto-ubuntu-810-dell-5530-3gwwan-and.html
> to use the card.
>
> Anyone who successfully use the f3507g card with 2.6.27-11 kernel or
> newer?
Yes, this problem was introduced upstream...and I lost the ttyACM devices as
well. I recommend updating to Jaunty Alpha 5, where the device not only exists,
but is usable from NetworkManager :).  I did this over the weekend and now I can
use the WWAN without problems. Simply run 'sudo update-manager -d' to update
from Intrepid to the latest Jaunty release.