x301 team mailing list archive

x301 linux vga resolution

Hello X301 users!

Have any of you managed to get more than 1024 x 768 resolution on an
external VGA monitor under Linux?  I've done a fair bit of googling and
various xorg.conf tweaking but not getting anything useful.

The reason I ask is that this page:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_Intrepid_Ibex_(8.10)_on_an_X301
...makes it seem that 1920 x 1200 might happen - my monitor probably won't
get that far but it can definitely do 1280 when running Vista.

If anyone has any ideas (even if it's just that I should give up..) then let
me know

thanks

Jon

--
Jonathan Vaughan
Bionic Books

Help us to help the environment by not printing this unless it is absolutely
necessary.

--Disclaimer--
This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you have received this email and you are not a named
addressee, please inform the sender at Monks Vaughan Ltd by phone on +44
(0)1276 22251 or by reply email and then delete the email from your system.
If you are not a named addressee you must not use, disclose, distribute,
copy, print or rely on this email. Although Monks Vaughan Ltd routinely
screens for viruses, addressees should check this email and any attachments
for viruses. Monks Vaughan Ltd makes no representation or warranty as to the
absence of viruses in this email or any attachments.