xubuntu-dev team mailing list archive

lucid alpha3 image testing

We are scheduled to release the Lucid Lynx Alpha3 image 2010-02-25.
All week we are going to be testing the images so that the final image
will be as bug free as possible. This is being sent to all the
individuals on the Xubuntu Testing Team. You are the ones that need to
help with making Lucid the best release possible. We should get as many
tests as we can. To see what this is about, check out
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .

Images for testing are available at:
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/current/
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily/current/

Please zsync the images if you can.

A very good format for reporting bugs is at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Bug-Report-Layout

At least 5 reports for each test listed is highly desired. This will
help
greatly to insure the Xubuntu 9.10 release is the best yet. Please do
not think that just because a report is filed, no more testing is
needed. Your hardware is not the same as what has been used.

If you use a virtual machine for testing, please provide information
about it in the comments area of the testing tracker at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all.

A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members, the
iso images sometimes must be rebuilt due to a bug found by a tester. If
you reported results, and when you go to check later they are missing,
the image may have changed and needs to be tested again. Please check at
least two times a day for image changes.

I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu, for any questions. My IRC
nick is charlie-tca.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
Charlie Kravetz (https://launchpad.net/~charlie-tca)