xubuntu-dev team mailing list archive

Lucid Alpha3 testing

WARNING:  Lucid is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it may break your
system in bad ways.

On 2010-02-25, we are scheduled to release the Lucid Lynx Alpha3 image.
To insure this is the best release possible, and to catch as many bugs
as possible early in the release cycle, we should get as many tests as
we can. To see what this is about, check out
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .

Images for testing are available at:
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/current/
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily/current/

A very good format for reporting bugs is at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Bug-Report-Layout

Testing for the alpha release has begun. At least 5 reports for each
test listed is highly desired. This will help greatly to insure the
Xubuntu Lucid LTS release is the best yet.

If you use a virtual machine for testing, please provide information
about it in the comments area of the testing tracker at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all.

A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members, the
iso images sometimes must be rebuilt due to a bug found by a tester. If
you reported results, and when you go to check later they are missing,
the image may have changed and needs to be tested again.

I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu, for any questions. My IRC
nick is charlie-tca.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
Charlie Kravetz (https://launchpad.net/~charlie-tca)