Lucid Beta2 testing

WARNING:  Lucid is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it may break your
system in bad ways.

To all of you running Lucid Lynx on your computers, thank you very much.
Your hard work is paying off. I believe we are going to have a really
great release. Perhaps, this will be the best one yet!

Opportunity is knocking down your door! With less than 4 weeks until the
final release, we present you with Lucid Lynx Beta2.

On 2010-04-08, we are scheduled to release the Lucid Lynx Beta2 image.
That gives us a great opportunity! We should get to test the images
starting on 2010-04-5. To insure this is the best release possible, and
to catch as many bugs as possible early in the release cycle, we should
get as many tests as we can. Please read
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .

Since this is a new long term release, we need to insure the upgrade
from
both Xubuntu 8.04 and Xubuntu 9.10 are working well. It is a long test
to run,
since for many of us, it requires installing those images, applying all
updates, then upgrading the installation to Lucid.

For some of us, at this time, the desktop cd is slow to start. On my P4,
1.5GHz cpu, with 1GB RAM, for example, it takes up to 8 minutes to get
the
installer screen to show up. In a VirtualBox machine, this same startup
takes
less than 1 minute. This is a bug in plymouth, and is reported. Please
have
patience when testing these images.

Images for testing are available at:
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/current/
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily/current/

A very good format for reporting bugs is at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Bug-Report-Layout

At least 3 reports for each test listed is highly desired. This will
help greatly
to insure the Xubuntu Lucid release is the best yet. The more tests done
at
this time, the higher the quality of the final version, since the
developers
will have time to resolve issues found.

If you use a virtual machine for testing, please provide information
about it in the comments area of the testing tracker at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all.

A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members, the
iso images sometimes must be rebuilt due to a bug found by a tester. If
you reported results, and when you go to check later they are missing,
the image may have changed and needs to be tested again.

Let us all make Lucid Lynx ROCK!

I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu and #ubuntu-testing,
for any questions. My IRC nick is charlie-tca.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
Charlie Kravetz (https://launchpad.net/~charlie-tca)