xubuntu-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #187262]: Help, for Xubuntu related questions on Ubuntu Forums.

Question #187262 on Xubuntu Website changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website/+question/187262

Description changed to:
Hi,

Here at http://xubuntu.org/help/ it suggests to use
http://ubuntuforums.org for seeking help with Xubuntu. The suggestion is
an excellent one; but a bit ambiguous. I had assumed, like a lot of new
people to Xubuntu might, that there is a place specific on the site for
Xubuntu support questions to be asked.  Anyone, can make an argument
that, if the poster takes time to pick a section of the forums that
pertains to their question, and names Xubuntu, as their official Ubuntu
derivative used, that people who are able to help, may gravitate to the
OP's question and respond, if they can with a solution. While this is
true, I read somewhere, from someone, that posting on the Ubuntu Forums'
Desktop Environments, will help the OP find regular posters' who help
with Xubuntu. I have found that, the regular people, who devote their
time and expertise, helping others with questions/problems with Xubuntu,
do in fact, frequent this section. Of course, they are seen in other
sections, but I as I have had  good experiences, asking questions on the
Desktop Environments, I think that other new people to Xubuntu, would
benefit, from the advice I have received.

Can, a brief explanation on http://xubuntu.org/ help and support
http://xubuntu.org/help/ make reference, to the Ubuntu Forums Desktop
Environment, as a place to find help from the "regulars of Xubuntu", as
it was put to me. I think, this might be helpful.

Thank you...

Xubuntu Website Team, which is an answer contact for Xubuntu Website.