xubuntu-dev team mailing list archive

Problems with keyboard shortcuts in Xfce 4.10 PPA

Hi,

In the last few days I've been having trouble with xfwm recognizing application shortcuts that are bound to <Primary>+shift+letter (for example, ctrl+shift+L). This worked until very recently; I had shortcuts bound to ctrl+shift+[hjkl] so that I could warp the mouse cursor around with an app called xmousekeys (available at http://beesbuzz.biz/code/xmousekeys.php) and they all worked just fine, but recently they stopped working reliably.

Today I went into my application shortcuts preferences (under Keyboard) and when I tried editing the shortcuts, the following happened:

1: Press Ctrl, and it displayed <Primary>
2: Pressed (left) Shift, and it displayed <Primary>Shift_L
3: Press L, and it changed to <Primary>l (note the lack of any shift modifier)

and then the resulting shortcut on the list was just <Primary>l, which is of course not what I wanted. So I went in and did it again; the same sequence of events happened, but then after I finished setting the shortcut, the entry in my shortcut list disappeared entirely. I suspect the logic might have checked for duplicates, saw the same entry as a "duplicate," and then removed it from the list.

I would really like to have this functionality working again, as I use it for ergonomic reasons. In the meantime, I can try editing my xfwm configuration file directly, but it isn't clear to me how to do that anymore and have xfwm reload the settings without restarting entirely.

Associated packages:

ii xfce-keyboard-shortcuts 4.10.0-0ubuntu1~ppa1 xfce keyboard shortcuts configuration ii xfce4-settings 4.10.0-0ubuntu1~ppa2 graphical application for managing Xfce settings ii xfwm4 4.10.0-0ubuntu1~ppa2 window manager of the Xfce project

Thanks.