xubuntu-dev team mailing list archive

[Blueprint client-xubuntu-1305] Xubuntu Issues: The "Saucy" Cycle

Blueprint changed by Stephen Michael Kellat:

Whiteboard changed:
  Issues for discussion:

  1.  The future of GTK in a world where Qt is taking over
+      a.  Ubuntu is shifting to QML/QT5 to support their shift away from the desktop to covering more platforms
+      b.  Unit193 raised the point that Lubuntu is considering a [possible shift to Qt](http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/04/26/%23xubuntu-devel.html#t00:15)
+      c.  Kubuntu is based in Qt
+      d.  Trend-wise what will this mean for us standing apart in terms of graphics toolkit?
  2.  Adding apt-offline to the LiveCD seeds
+      a.  Documentation was added to xubuntu-docs during the R-cycle to cover use of it
+      b.  Does inclusion fit within the goals of the Strategy Document?
  3.  Get more people upload rights (team delegation, sponsored uploads, MOTU...)
+      a.  The number of people with upload rights is at a dangerously low number
+      b.  To improve our resilience, what steps can we take to keep burdens of packaging and uploading from falling on so few shoulders?
+      c.  Where do we want to go as a community that creates a software product in terms of our own development and growth?  Do we want more newly-minted MOTU members by the cycle's end?  Do we want more interaction with the Sponsors team by a wider cross-section of our community?
  4.  Study the viability of the integration of the HUD system to xubuntu
- 5.
+      a.  Ubuntu has this
+      b.  How might this be adapter for Xubuntu
+ 5.  Lubuntu has "Lubuntu" and "Lubuntu Core".  Do we need/want to have "Xubuntu" and "Xubuntu Core"?
+      a.  Are we providing on the CD the core of what the users want?
+      b.  Do we have a way of determining if there are things users are not keeping in new installs?
+      c.  How can we assess on an on-going basis the packages we include on installation media?
+ 6.  Which milestone releases will we participate in this cycle?
+ 7.  What other areas should be included within our offline documentation?

--
Xubuntu Issues: The "Saucy" Cycle
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/xubuntu-desktop/+spec/client-xubuntu-1305