xubuntu-dev team mailing list archive

[Blueprint client-xubuntu-1305-software] Xubuntu Issues: The "Saucy" Cycle -- Software

Blueprint changed by Stephen Michael Kellat:

Whiteboard set to:
# Remember, we only get 60 minutes alloted for a session.
#
# We may have to break this up potentially to cover multiple time slots.

Issues for discussion:

1.  Adding apt-offline to the LiveCD seeds
     a.  Documentation was added to xubuntu-docs during the R-cycle to cover use of it
     b.  Does inclusion fit within the goals of the Strategy Document?
2.  Study the viability of the integration of the HUD system to xubuntu
     a.  Ubuntu has this.  Will this be part of the shift to QML/Qt5 to be worried about?
          micahg notes: Even if the display is in Qt, there will still be a need for the indexing service to understand GTK.  Xfce would simply need a front end.
     b.  How might this be adapted for Xubuntu
     c.  Studio and Lubuntu could help as they would use the feature
     d. HUD developers are working on a libhud-client, that can be used to access and search the HUD, for 13.10, this should simplify the integration.
3.  Lubuntu has "Lubuntu" and "Lubuntu Core".  Do we need/want to have "Xubuntu" and "Xubuntu Core"?
     a.  Are we providing on the CD the core of what the users want?
     b.  Do we have a way of determining if there are things users are not keeping in new installs?
     c.  How can we assess on an on-going basis the packages we include on installation media?

--
Xubuntu Issues: The "Saucy" Cycle -- Software
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/xubuntu-desktop/+spec/client-xubuntu-1305-software