xubuntu-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~ochosi/xubuntu-default-settings/xfwm4_disable_scrollevents into lp:xubuntu-default-settings

> I disagree. I think disabling the scroll_workspaces feature is a good choice
> by default anyway, no matter what the panel-layout looks like. It can still
> lead to unexpected behavior because there is currently no direct visual
> feedback for this action. More advanced users can easily re-enable it. (There
> is a patch against xfwm4 upstream to enable an alt-tab like dialog for when
> navigating workspaces, which would be the appropriate feedback imo.)
>
> I don't see why we should disable virtual desktops altogether. They're still
> very accessible via the middle-click menu on the desktop and there are
> keyboard-combos as well as the context-menu of Xfwm4 which lets you go to
> other workspaces or move apps to other workspaces.

You are correct, I have had not considered the other options to move around desktops and I have no other complains about this issue, if the accidental events are avoided I believe this should be the path to go then. :)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~ochosi/xubuntu-default-settings/xfwm4_disable_scrollevents/+merge/209545
Your team Xubuntu Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~ochosi/xubuntu-default-settings/xfwm4_disable_scrollevents into lp:xubuntu-default-settings.