splitting yade to separate directories, and what we DO ?

> We also have to work on removing those environnement variables and maybe
> we should try to add the symlinks into subversion as it seems to work.
> Then it will be much  easier to download and run Yade.

I see that you started removing evnironment variables, not working yet,
but it's great! Removing them is very important for splitting to make it work.

I have one more idea - first yade should check for file named for
example ./yade.preferences.xml in current directory, and if this file is
not found then for file ~/.yade/preferences.xml, this will be very
useful for benchamrking and testing, when single user will want to have
numerous copies of yade, each of them using different dynlibs.

I'll add it later, when I'll start testing.

Symlinks: yes - we should add them. I was thinking that we will add them
each time when we will split another part of yade into separate
directory. So in all of those 20 directories there will be symlinks
already in repository, and no ./preapreToDevelop script will be needed.

when rev=707 will compile and work - maybe we can start splitting. I
think that we can start with serialization. Or maybe you have some other
plans?

- also at last I want to write this article for publication in Granular
Matter, so I can spend time on this (perhaps I'll copy/paste some stuff
from your Users Manual ;)

- and also I want to make tags and numer all those revisions. (if you
remeber that two-month old email about numbering revisions) - also on
yade homepage maybe I'll put how we do version numbering (citing that
email)

- and update schedule on yade homepage ;)

visit #yade channel on irc! :)