Re: bugs in wm3::Math (patch)

Vaclav SMILAUER said:     (by the date of Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:52:38 +0100)

> Please apply the patch attached (none has even bothered to run the code
> since it was written???).

heh, I blame this on Oliver. He has converted whole wm3 math into his
favourite naming convention (which I happen to not like). For example
- the first letter in function name should be lowercase according to
him. That's why it's x() not X(). But he didn't test his changes.
This is crazy. A bit of my fault too, since I didn't control him :>

I prefer to use native wm3-math package. If we need some changes then
use a template wrapper (just like we have one from openGL), instead
of changing a third party source code. I think that sometime in the
future we will correct this situation.

> What is the wm3 version used in Yade? The one
> I downloaded from there website just before they released ver.4 had some
> methods named differently (IIRC they had Vector3r::X() instead of
> Vector3r::x() what we have now). We should use the most recent version,
> that's sure.

Yeah, the most recent version 3, because it's LGPL now. But we cannot
use version 4 :) because it has incompatibile license.

--
# Janek Kozicki