Re: Compile 1161 under Cents 5.0 errors

Čus Davide,

it seems like you are missing python-devel (I don't know what it is called
in CentOS), namely <Python.h>. You should have got error about this missing
header in the first place from the compiler.

The problem is that python is not mandated by scons autodetection. For now,
I would recommend installing python-devel, before I fix scons so that it
either (a) errors out without python or (b) compiles these files only
conditionally.

You don't really need scientific python for compilation, it is only there
because it provies vector and quaternion classes; it will give (python)
errors at runtime, but only if you use PythonRecorder (which is not yet mature).

Of course the point is to make compilation painless on at least mainstream
distributions; I'm happy that you test it on CentOS, this way we more or
less get testing for RHEL and Fedora all at once ;-).

Zdar, Václav