Re: scons destination directory

> I was testing the 0.11 release build. Can you tell scons to create the
> destination directory when it doesn't exist?
>
>   scons: Reading SConscript files ...
>   scons: *** Path for option runtimePREFIX does not exist: /home/janek/YADE-rel

Why do you use runtimePREFIX? Please read help, it is not intended to be
used directly, save for packaging where you install to different directory
than you will run from. Also, the comment says that
PathOption.PathIsDirCreate validator should be used (instead of the default
one which checks existence of that dir), but it doesn't exist in scons
.96.1. So one solution is to ditch compatibility with .96.1, the second one
(preffered, I think) is to change the line with
PathOption('runtimePREFIX',...) to plain option, just like PREFIX is:

  ('runtimePREFIX','Runtime path prefix; DO NOT USE, inteded for packaging
only.','$PREFIX'),

Please do that change, I don't have time now and will not in next few days.
BTW why you tagged .11 when it is not yet released?

V.