Re: renaming classes

I included few suggestions on the wiki.

-We should avoid names containing the word "variable", as it has almost
the same meaning as "parameter" - which is already used for something else.

-SimulationLoopEngine is misleading, for me it means "the engine that
executes the loop". Why not just keep "Engine"?
Then we would have StandaloneEngines and DispatcherEngines, and
DispatcherEngines would use DispatcherEngineFunctors (which is a too
long name for Vaçlav...).

PhysicalAction is a difficult case. IF you really want to change this
name, I think "ResultantAction" would be better than "EquationVariables".

Bruno

/* Noun **2. resultant *- something that results;
denouement - the outcome of a complex sequence of events
aftermath, consequence - the outcome of an event especially as relative
to an individual; "that result is of no consequence"
sequel, subsequence - something that follows something else
*Noun 3. resultant *- a vector that is the sum of two or more other vectors
vector sum
*Adj. 1. resultant -* following as an effect or result;
consequent, ensuant, resulting, sequent
subsequent - following in time or order; "subsequent developments"
/

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
> Janek Kozicki napsal(a):
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently we are discussing new names for classes. Problem is that
>> this week we *must* submit the article, because when I go back to
>> Poland it won't be possible to finish it. And the goal is to have the
>> final names in the submitted article.
>>
>> http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Renaming_classes
>>

> If you rename classes in two days, many mistakes will be done inevitably.
> And those decisions will have to be reverted and names changed again. Not
> very good, I think. Commets to those names.
>
> State doesn't exist currently. For the rest; Shape vs. OptimizedShape?
> Technically, it is SiplifiedShape or RepresentativeShape and that is all too
> long. (And making Shape shortened to Shap is ridiculous, it saves 1 (one)
> letter).
>
> For my suggestions, not all of them were serious. The serious ones were
> State, Shape, Mold, perhaps Material. The rest (Bang, Bump, Smash, Bag) were
> not.
>
> Why YadeSimulation - you should have YadeShape, YadeBodyOptimizedShape etc.
> for everything then?! Simulation is just fine. The same for BodyVariable,
> BodyConstitutiveParameters, etc. The cleanest whould be to have Body::State
> (whatever you call that), Body::Shape, Body::Mold (or something different), ...
>
> SimulationLoopEngine, SimulationLoopDispatcher? LoopEngine, LoopDispatcher
> would be better perhaps. What about inconsistency between LoopDispatcher and
> DispatcherFunctor? LoopDispatcherFunctor? I would suggest something like
> Engine, EngineDispatcher, and maybe EngineFunctor.
>
> And for the dispatcher functors: you do the same mistake as you have been
> doing from the beginning IMO: If you say
> Sphere2Sphere4SpheresContactGeometry, it is clear that you mean
> InsteractingSphere, since that is what SpheresContactGeometry uses.
>
> Remember that you should create a bash/perl/whatever script that will
> mass-replace the names everywhere (including actors, where the names are
> quoted). Ideally, we should have something like "convert-yade --from 0.11
> --to 0.12 *.?pp" that would do that and be maintained.
>
> As a side-note, most classes still lack any doxygen documentation. That is
> much more serious than their names and Frederic should make you focus on
> that (Fred, are you there?! ;-) ).
>
> Vaclav

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau I08
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France     Tél : 04.56.52.86.21