Iteration number stored in the xml : how to fix broken conditionals?

I realised that the iteration number feature (keeping the current iteration number after save/load) has broken some procedures (even though this feature was a good idea).

I have some if(iteration==1) in a few places, but they mean in fact if("simulation was just loaded") (then do special operations on some members that are not registered parameters but need to be initialised).

Is there a way to write those tests correctly now that I can't rely on iteration number?

Alternatively, is there a way to get the old behaviour back optionaly (setting iteration=0 at loading time), it would also help me to find the history of a sample, when the outputs of different consecutive simulations on one single sample are appended to one unique file.

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43