Re: urealistic simulation resulrs

sega said:     (by the date of Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:23:04 +0300)

> Hi,
> Seems,  something is broken in Yade...
> I got unrealistic results for simulation of spheres in a horisontal rotating cylinder.
> Please, run attached model and you will see a unnatural parietal layer...
> Tell me please, if anybody know why it is happens...
> I think that this is because of the lack of rotational friction,
> but I doubt that the case only in this ...

interesting - a very nice python example - maybe you could add it to
examples dir? :)

What do you mean by rotational friction? At the contact we currently
simulate:

- normal force, normal stiffness
- shearing force, friction angle
- moment transfer, torsional stiffness

What else can be missing? (you are using ElasticContactLaw - in this
one you don't have moment transfer, it is in CohesiveFrictionalContactLaw)

For me this simulation is unrealistic because there are not enough
spheres and they are too large. Try with more smaller spheres or play
with friction angle..