Re: r1658 - graphic display

> commit 1658
> 5. Adjust locks in GLViewer. Fixes my crashes on nvidia for both
> player and 3d view (didn't dare to try 2nd view). Next step will be
> to move this lock to Omega and lock it when loading/resetting
> simulation etc.

well. it still doesn't work for me. At least it doesn't hang, that's
an improvement. The 3d view is simply black. I have to work on snow
so I'm not working on it, I'm still simply just commenting out the
locks, because I need it to work :)

eudoxos said:     (by the date of Tue, 03 Feb 2009 13:30:44 +0100)

> > commenting out that lock in GLViewer::paintGL(void) solves the problem.
>
> That doesn't solve the problem I was trying to solve, i.e. concurrent
> access from different threads.
>
> Did you try running scripts/gl-test.py (and enable second view therein)?
> There is the problem demonstrated. Please try rather commenting out
> makeCurrent/doneCurrent in lock constructor/desctructor. The lock itself is
> neede, see those threads on the subject:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2008-July/096077.html
> http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2006-06/thread00248-0.html
> http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq06-glimpsing.html

I'll check this out in few weeks, sorry. In fact I hope that you will
figure it out before it catches my attention ;>