Re: everyone: please update Authors page

Václav Šmilauer said:     (by the date of Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:16:25 +0100)

> > + Janek Kozicki        <cosurgi@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > + Vaclav Smilauer      <eudoxos@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > + Bruno Chareyre       <chareyre@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > + Andrzej Oszer        <przewdnik@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > +
> > +Package developers:
> > +
> > + Sergei Dorofeenko    <sega@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > + Jerome Duriez        <jduriez@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > + Jean-François Jerier <jfjerier@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> Janek, I would not discriminate these 2 developer groups. Sega has
> created the fastest interaction container in the worlds and has done
> many important things. OTOH I wonder why przewdnik is in core
> development? And so on... V.

You are right, of course. Bear in mind that it's not *only* me who
edits Authors page. Every person involved has the responsibility to
edit the entry about them. If they don't - it's their "PR" mistake :)

Guys, if you care - update http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Authors !

I wonder why przewdnik is in core, too :) I've put him there, but
turns out it was a mistake. Now he should move himself somewhere
else :) But where? Remove 'discrimitaing' categories? I don't care
really. Anybody has an opinion on this??

I don't want to start "Authors-wars", really. I only wanted a file
which can be used to automatically sign files. OR we can simply
remove people's signature from start of each file (because they are
in 80% terribly inaccurate).

So - which way we go:

  - automatic signing?
  - removing the signs?

I prefer to remove signs, Bruno prefers to sign automatically. And others?

I'm checking how many lines are written by each person,
with this command, but it will take few hours to complete...

find -iname "*[hc]pp" -exec svn blame {} \; | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn

And I just committed AUTHORS sorted in alphabetical order, and by some
concidence people who did very few commits are on the top, heheheh.

Now with this command we get a nicely formatted signatures:

svn blame core/MetaBody.hpp | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq -c | \
sort -rn | awk '{print $2}' | \
xargs -n 1 -I person fgrep person AUTHORS | \