Re: facets

Let eB be an active edge. If a sphere S is on fB near eB (and, so, eA)
then S has real contact with only fB because eA is inactive . But if S
is on fA near eA (and, so, eB) then S has real contact with fA AND with
eB because eB is active!
Thus, we will have a surface anisotropy in this case...
This would not happen (as far as I understood the picture) for convex and planar surfaces, since the contact point with fA is projection of the sphere center along the normal. Oh, yes, there would be a problem if there is penetration of the sphere into the surface... Hm... OTOH if htere is information about mutual angle between adjacent facets on the edge, that could be used. The contact detection would actually try to see if there is contact with adjacent facet's plane, and if not, make the contact with the edge. It is getting complicated.

Thanks for the paper, I will have a look at that.

V.