Re: Example of using log4cxx

On 10.7.2009 13:00, Anton Gladky wrote:
Hi all!
As I understand log4cxx is using for different task. One of them is to output "service messages" during debugging. I was trying to add LOG_TRACE("Bla Bla Bla") but I do not see this message in output.
You must set logging level for the class of which logger you use, in the file ~/.yade-trunk/logging.conf (or whatever is the version you use) -- see trunk/logging.conf.sample for commented sample, see also log4cxx website for details. You can set loglevel from within python:

from yade import log
log.setLevel("TheClassOfWhichLoggerYouWantToSet",log.TRACE)
# e.g. in scripts/test/facet-topo.py

Note however that in the optimized builds, LOG_TRACE and LOG_DEBUG are eliminted altogether from the code. TRVAR1 ... TRVAR5 macros use LOG_TRACE, so they also will not work.

Vaclav