heading towards 0.20 (or whatever other number)

Hi everybody, I am trying to maintain list of things that should be
fixed before we make some kind of release, which I call 0.20. That list
is at https://launchpad.net/yade/+milestone/0.20-0 . Please add bugs
that you experience and that can be fixed in reasonable timeframe, or,
better yet, fix some of the bugs that are already filed. Once everything
targeted for 0.20 is done (or deferred? -- like regression tests, as
only Bruno did something about that!), we will make the release. It will
have debian/ubuntu packages and should be quite stable and usable. That
branch might also have important fixes backported, if someone does that
(not me, though).

My time is not unlimited and without your contribution there is no way
to sustain the development. Several people want to boost yade
development (as I do as well), but it doesn't happen magically without
efforts.

For now, everybody could have a look at

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/90055 (identifying cruft --
DistantPersistentSAPCollider, SDECLinkGeometry, much other stuff; just
suggest it in the bug comment or remove it if you are sure it is not
needed),

2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/yade/+bug/398176 and
http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/ExamplesCleanup (what examples should be
made/included int the package as introductory material)

3. https://bugs.launchpad.net/yade/+bug/398990 (fixing compiler
warnings; I will do a svn blame at one point and ask people to fix their
code directly)

4. Write at least brief documentation for your classes for doxygen.

https://launchpad.net/yade/+milestone/0.30-0 tracks things that I would
think as important for the next release called 0.30 (in half year or so)
and is based mostly on your comments at
http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/WhoIsDoingWhat . If you have something to add
there, go ahead as well.

Thanks for cooperation,