Re: BZR migration

Hi,

berlios' SVN ahs been down for a few days now. I would like to raise the
bzr migration issue again.

Clearly, we are not unanimous, but I feel this needs to be pushed a
little since the arguments against are mostly "reactionary".

Anton has done a nice wiki page on the switch
( http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Quick_Bazaar_tutorial#Switching_from_SVN ),
please read it; the change consists of registering your key at launchpad
and typing bzr instead of svn.

For myself, I was trying the svn->bzr conversion with full history,
which turned out to be doable (though not easy); I also tried to measure
how much data is downloaded (see prior posting to this thread), and it
looks fine.

I'd rather do it now, during the summer break, when the repository
traffic is low. It will take just a few hours while the svn repository
will be closed and the bzr branch will not yet been uploaded.

Is everybody convinced now? ;-)

Regards, Vaclav