Fwd: [Yade-users] New Yade wiki

Here is a mail that Rémi sent to me. I added an attempt of translation for people who do not understand French.

Début du message réexpédié :

De : Rémi Cailletaud <remi.cailletaud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date : 16 septembre 2009 18:13:22 HAEC
À : Vincent Richefeu <richefeu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Objet : Rép : Fwd: [Yade-users] New Yade wiki

Salut,

Vincent Richefeu a écrit :
As tu des réponses à ces questions ?
1. https protocol is ok, but the certificate needs to be valid. Or
just move to simple http. This can make afraid some users.

J'ai fait signé le certificat par CACERT. Normalement, il ne devrait
plus y avoir d'avertissement.

Translation: I made a certificate signed by CACERT. Normally, it should not be any warning.

2. yade.hmg.inpg.fr is too long. What about shorter name? It is
impossible to remember so much difficult sounds.

Pour ça, il faudrait acheter un nom de domaine. Pour info, quasiment
tous les yade.quelquechose sont pris, sauf .me, .pro, .tel, .asia et
.tv. Pas super.

Translation: For that, we should buy a domain name. For your information, almost all yade.something are assigned, exept .me, .pro, .tel, .asia and .tv. Not great.

3. the "wiki" should be somewhere in the name. It should be indicated,
that it is wiki. Though wiki.yade.hmg.inpg.fr is terrible.

Je vais m'occuper de faire une redirection wiki.yade.hmg.inpg.fr. Mais
c'est clair que c'est un peu le marathon à prononcer...

Translation: I'm going to redirect wiki.yade.hmg.inpg.fr. But it is clear that it is unpronouceable...

Follow ups