Re: Engine structure question

1- The clear part :
A MetaEngine is something that will dispatch objects to some engineUnits. Example : the InteractionGeometryMetaEngine will call engineUnits sphere2sphere , sphere2box, or sphere2facets depending on the types of body1 and body2.

2- The less clear part :
Standalone and DeusExMachina engines can work alone (they don't call other engines, neither are they called by others). So, what is the difference between them? On the programming side, no real difference (except a few differences in members of base classes). The difference is more in terms of what they do, and also a matter of personal taste... So, here is my feeling about this : standalones are supposed to handle simple aspects of the physics : a contact law, Newton's law, this sort of thing; while DeusEx is something controlling what happens in a specific problem (boundary conditions, switching from one loading to another based on a condition, etc.) or getting information from the simulation (all sorts of recorders). This definition is not totally consistent with the current spliting, which is a result of how we all interpreted differently the meaning of standalone vs. DeusEx.

Bruno

Anton Gladky a écrit :
Hello, all!

I do not understand the logic of the engines division: StandAloneEngine, Engine....
Do we have it somewhere described?

Thank you.
[ENG] Best Regards
[GER] Mit freundlichen Grüßen