Re: Accessing bodies from interactions

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
Today, I found myself trying to get velocities of interacting body1 and body2(*), and I realized I couldn't make it, because the metabody is not a parameter of InteractionGeometryEngineUnit::go().

Does someone have a simple solution in mind?

Does the new class "state" affect this problem (will we pass "state" to IGUnits?)? I feel like it will, but I still need a solution without "state" because the Yade/snow code Alsidqi is working with has not been updated for a while and will not be updated anytime soon (yes, I know...).

We might pass 2 x State* instead of 2 x Se3r to the functor, no problem
at all. It would make sense, since e.g. incremental shear could be
pre-computed there, instead of in the constitutive law. Agree?

Yes.

So why do we pass this "ncb" all the time to, e.g., NewtonsDampedLaw::action(MetaBody * ncb)?

Better suggestion where to store it? In the engine?

That, or ncb could be just a static pointer in each Yade instance (in Omega?). Just suggestions, passing ncb is not a big problem.