[yade-dev] How to import material properties from ascci file

Hi all,

Is there a way to allow the ascii() function defined in yade.ymport to
determine some bodies properties from the same ascii file? By now, the ascii
files contains spheres positions (row[0], [1] and [2]) as well as radius
(row[3]), and would like to define some additional rows for some material
properties like the friction angle for example. I am able to save the
corresponding customized ascii file from a small modification of the
sphereToFile() function, but, unfortunately, I cannot find how to import
these features. It is definitely not the good way, but it should be
something like this

def asciiMaterial(filename,scale=1.,***kw*):

    from yade.utils import sphere
    o=Omega( )
    ret=[ ]
    for l in open(filename):
        ss=[float(i) for i in l.split()]

ret.append(sphere([scale*ss[0],scale*ss[1],scale*ss[2]],scale*ss[3],material=GranularMat(frictionAngle=ss[4]))
    return ret

I am still confused with how to deal with the **kw arguments. If you have
any suggestions, it would be very helpful ( I saw the _commonBodySetup()
function...)

  Luc

Follow ups