Re: TesselationWrapper questions

Vaclav,

Before you dive, make sure you bookmarked these pages :

http://www.cgal.org/Manual/last/doc_html/cgal_manual/Triangulation_3_ref/Class_Triangulation_3.html#Cross_link_anchor_1254

It contains is everything about handles, circulators, construction, queries.

The main pages on triangulation are :
http://www.cgal.org/Manual/last/doc_html/cgal_manual/Triangulation_3/Chapter_main.html
http://www.cgal.org/Manual/last/doc_html/cgal_manual/TriangulationDS_3/Chapter_main.html

Ref. pages :
http://www.cgal.org/Manual/last/doc_html/cgal_manual/Triangulation_3_ref/Chapter_intro.html
http://www.cgal.org/Manual/last/doc_html/cgal_manual/TriangulationDS_3_ref/Chapter_intro.html

The 3D geometry kernel is described here :
http://www.cgal.org/Manual/last/doc_html/cgal_manual/Kernel_23_ref/Chapter_intro.html

I had a look at the periodic variant :
http://www.cgal.org/Manual/last/doc_html/cgal_manual/Periodic_3_triangulation_3/Chapter_main.html

The current code in Yade is valid in that case. There would be nothing to do but changing a few template parameters. The only problem is they don't handle the regular triangulation with periodicity (only Delaunay). I'll ask on the mailing list if it is planned, it shouldn't be a big problem for them. One simple workaround could be to add external spheres in the current triangulation, exactly the way you used for displaying spheres interacting accross periods.

Another note : the insertion function of TWrapper is not optimal. There is now a faster function insert(iterator start, iterator end), which is faster. It uses?... insertion sort! I'll forward a mail explaining that clearly. We could have our own optimal insert function in Yade by using aabbs sort. If I find time, I'll had this one to TWrapper interface. More generally, I'd like to regroup in TWrapper everything that Yade needs for the basic operations using triangulation/tesselation.
If you need something that is not in the interface, tell me.

Cheers.