Re: Is shear incremental calculation verified

From my simulations, updateShearForce is correct (I am able to reproduce the results obtained by Plassiard et al's paper).
Always good to hear this sort of verification! It's also interesting to have rotational friction implemented in Yade.

When I use the codes in updateShear, the deviator stress I get is much lower.

Sure it was not due to unconsistent copy/pastes? updateShear is connected to other classes where the computed values are used. The two versions are based on different logics, you can't just switch from the one to the other and expect similar results I think.