Fwd: Re: Is shear incremental calculation verified

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Yade-dev] Is shear incremental calculation verified
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 08:44:47 +0100
From: eudoxos <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>
To: Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I was actually thinking about implementing contact geometry classes from
scratch, both incremental and non-incremental versions, in such way that
deformations (normal, shear, twist, bending) would be precomputed in the
Ig2_* functor, and then just accessed directly from the constitutive law.
The InteractionGeometry classes themselves would be the same, only the
functor would make the distinction of absolute/incremental. There already
was 6dof contect implemented (Dem6Dof_Sphere_Sphere), but it is commented
out currently; and guess what, it is much cleaner code than the horrible
mess (sorry) in CohesiveFrictionalContactLaw.

I might do just some part of it, let's see.

Cheers, Vaclav