Re: ScGeom vs Dem3DofGeom

Not sure, but I think that there is an issue here.

Indeed, as Vaclav said, Dem3DofGeom has a proper representation of
facet-sphere interaction compared to ScGeom, but, in the same time, the
Triaxial Test (and it seems that you are planning to use it to test your
contact law, like me) has to be used with Boxes (which are related to
ScGeom) to avoid some errors in the calculation from what Bruno said in a
previous mail.

In my case, I developed a contact law using Dem3DofGeom that I cannot test
within the Triaxial. From what I understood, I have to rewrite my contact
law with ScGeom to suit the Triaxial Test (something like a duplication of
Law2_Dem3DogGeom_XXX to Law2_ScGeom_XXX with few changes in
Ip2_XXXMat_XXXMat_XXXPhys?).

Is this Dem3Dofgeom/Triaxialtest issue real or not? If yes, I would be
pleased to try to do something. If not, please tell me where I am wrong.

Luc

BTW, I first faced this problem when I wanted to create the "triaxial cell
"around one of my assembly with the yade.utils function aabbwalls which
create boxes...