Re: ids at contact - sing shear force

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
You can repeat the test, is simple. The fact that the shear force
changes sign from one case to the other, is not correct. The shear
force is dependent on the relative shear velocity that in turn depends
on the ids at contact as we define them. To me this happens because we
do not define a local system.
Please correct me if you see I am wrong or please explain me why the
shear force changes sign (if it was really a global system as was
already pointed out, it should not happen).

Hi Chiara, if I understand right, shearForce get negated if you swap
ids. That is consistent. shearForce is in global coordinates, but to one
body (id1*), it applies positive (action), while to the other body
(id2*) negated (reaction).
Does this explain what you describe?

Or did you force the swap in a non-symmetric case, which could really result in a wrong sign (not sure)? It would be a user defined problem, since such swap would never happen by default.