Python question ?

Hi everybody,
I have a python question, which is not really a question..

I noticed few days ago that if I try to access an engine's attribute which doesn't exist, a clear error message is displayed.
Exampli gratia, if I do:

triax=utils.typedEngine('TriaxialCompressionEngine')
triax.PAPULA

I get an error like this 'TriaxialCompressionEngine' object has no attribute 'PAPULA'.

But if I do:

triax=utils.typedEngine('TriaxialCompressionEngine')
triax.PAPULA=5

I have no error, but a new attribute is created, named PAPULA (fortunately).

Last week I did a sintax error while trying to access an attribute, and having no error messages it took to me some time to find the reason of the strange results I was having.. I do not see the interest to keep such a possibility, as the new attribute doesn't behave in any case as a real engine's attribute, but it seems to have the same role as a simple local variable.

Am I wrong?

Ciao, Emanuele