Re: Cross-compilation on 3S-R cluster

Thanks Remi! I'll experiment that when I have a moment.
Did you try to compile and run yet?

Bruno

Rémi Cailletaud a écrit :
Hi,

For the 3s-r cluster user, there is now a way to compile for 32 bits
architecture, thanks to a chrooted environment. I will post a how-to on
the laboratory's wiki, but you can find the main lines here :

- the sge script should be as this :

#/bin/sh
/usr/bin/schroot -c i386 -p your-compil-script.sh

the schroot command allow you to chroot in a i386 environement, and to
execute the compil script.

- the compil script should contain (for 12 scons jobs) :

cd ~/your/yade/dir
time scons -j 12 profile=default features=gts,log4cxx,opengl,openmp,vtk
version=trunk linkStrategy=monolithic PREFIX=~your/yade/dir/yade-trunk

- you can submit the job with

$ qsub -l q=smp,ac=12 script_sge/yade-cross-compil.sh

Beware that jobs number in the qsub command line and in the compil
script are the same ! With 12 jobs, I compiled the dev version in less
than 5 minutes.

Note that it could stay some dependencies issues. I installed gcc4.3.4
and libboost 1.40 from backports, but libboost 1.34 is always default
version.

After a test phase, we could think about having some Ubuntu chrooted
environment, if there is a need...

Cheers,
rémi