Re: static_cast in GSTS

2) Why do we need to continue if fn==0?
IIRC Bruno told me that was to avoid contacts that transmit no force,
even if they have non-zero nominal stiffness. Exact zero will be there
for interactions that really had no force at all.

I am not completely persuaded on that, since most likely contacts with
exactly zero force will be already erased. Perhaps now it has only
historical interest now?

Interactions without contact (un<0 && fn==0) are not always erased. Think capillary law : you can have a capillary force (an interaction) between distant spheres, in this case the normal force is 0 (the capillary force is not added to fn), and there is really no stiffness to consider in GSTS, even if this interaction has kn!=0 and is real.