Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2237: - Simplify equations inside plastic condition of Dem3Dof (1 sqrt instead of 3, less norm()), add ...

I'm worrying about that too. It needs some discussion, as we put weights a bit differently sometime, when we define what is "better". :) For instance, I fear oversplitting because it is so hard for somebody to read the code.
PS I think the way both Dem3DofGeom and ScGeom currently work is not
prospective. ScGeom is dumb and only stores a few numbers inside, making
Law doing all the computation;
Don't you refer to a months-old version of ScGeom? ScGeom has members!

As we already discussed, it would be much more efficient to precompute
normal and shear displacements in the Ig2 functor and store it in the
*Geom class. Only writing back to *Geom from Law2 (such as upon a
plastic slip) would need a few virtual methods, which could be
interface-wise identical for incremental and total formulations BTW.

Ok for precomputing un and us, but is there a general reason to put more members in a geometry class? With ScGeom, there is no plastic slip to update in the geometry, I'm not sure we need any virtual function in incremental formulation.