Re: References pbc

Hi Chiara,

I have no magic paper unfortunately.
As said earlier by Vaclav, periodicity in Yade is a bit evolutionary.
My current view of the problem is the result of many discussions with colleagues who know the MD way more than me, mixed with what I could hear in conferences, plus a quick look at Thortnon's paper you mentionned and my own derivations. Note that periodicity is still a debated question for some DEM vetrans, like J.N. Roux and F Radjaï.

Cheers.

Bruno

chiara modenese a écrit :
Bruno,

what has been your reading about periodic boundaries ? I have been looking just a little bit at MD, but I have lost myself into atoms, molecules and so on and I guess this is not helping me at all. If you have some more specific reading, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks, Chiara

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
Grenoble INP
Lab. 3SR
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43