Re: triaxial test with clumps: wm3 vs. eigen

As already explained (search the archive), if you use cundall's damping,
the rounding errors can propagate infinitely quickly.
I agree that damping discontinuity can make the difference grow faster in general. But in special cases where you can proove damping has no effect on the result, it is a bit short. It seems many multithread runs of the same simulation with damping=0.02 gives higher variability than monothread runs with damping =0.02, 0.1, 0.3. But again, I used initial clouds instead of dense packings to repeat the test, it might be the reason. I'll know more sooon.