Re: InitialKn in FrictPhys ?

On 4 June 2010 15:22, Jerome Duriez <jerome.duriez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 04/06/2010 16:08, Bruno Chareyre a écrit :
>
>  But if you would be glad to get rid off this initialKn in FrictPhys, I can
>>> easily in fact displace this feature in "my" Phys which exists anyway. I
>>> think it's that that I'll do if you think it's ok.
>>>
>>>  It would make sense. I think this is more or less what Chiara did for
>> HM.
>>
> I should have begun by this... In fact Chiara uses the Law2 to modify the
> value of some parameters of the physics. I'll take a rest and see...

Yes, Jerome, if I were you I would add initialKn, or whatever you might call
it, to your physics functor which anyway, as you say, does exist and which
will be called only if the interaction did not exist at the previous step
(good to remind it, btw). It does make more sense. Then, if you need to
update some variables inherited from FrictPhys you simply do it in your
functor Law2. Actually, in my case, the update of stiffnesses is related to
the use of GSTS, which needs tangential values.
So, it is a good idea to get rid of initialKn and initial Ks from FrictPhys.

cheers, Chiara