Re: Contact damping

On 17 June 2010 15:22, Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One way would be to derive a ScGeom+velocities. It would inherit from
> ScGeom and add members incidentVn and incidentVs, which would be updated at
> the time they are calculated. It would still need to copy some parts of
> ScGeom code and include some "incidentUs=..." in it.
> I'm sure there is a better way.

All I would need is the relativeVelocity to compute incidentVn and
incidentVs, having the normal. If I inherit from ScGeom, relativeVelocity is
not a member of it. So how would you access it?

Besides, rotateAndGetShear returns the shear increment, so in the contact
law I could get the relativeVelocity from it, but as you already say it
would mean computing the same value twice.

Thanks. Chiara