Re: matplotlib vs. non-interactive jobs.

Bruno Chareyre píše v Pá 25. 06. 2010 v 20:43 +0200:
> "Up" on that one :
> https://lists.launchpad.net/yade-users/msg03289.html
>
> What is your opinion on this error? I interpreted it as a consequence
> of non-interactive jobs on the server (no console -> no cursor). Do
> you think so?
> Is there any solution other that c++ recorders?

Ever heard about google? ;-)
http://old.nabble.com/Error-when-running-code-on-remote-machine:-how-can-I-overpass-this--td21224501.html

yade.plot does not set the matplotlib backend to use, so the default one
is used (which is in your case GtkAgg, which needs X running).

You can put this in your script (before import yade.plot) to change that
before matplotlib's initialization (didn't try, but should work):

import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('Agg')

HTH, Vaclav