Re: OpenMPAccumulator

2010/6/25 Václav Šmilauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>

> > I need to get incrementally the shear elastic potential energy for HM.
> > For the normal direction I can work out the integral, so no problem
> > but in the shear direction it has to be done incrementally. Bruno, I
> > see you used the OpenMPAccumulator to get plastic dissipation
> > incrementally (I followed more or less this thread
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/yade-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03490.html).
> Is this really necessary? Would you suggest to follow this way?
>
> If you store it in the interaction (i.e.
> InteractionPhysics/InteractionGeometry), there is no need to use the
> accumulator -- it serves for accumulating the values concurrently from
> different threads, but interactions are isolated. You can just have a
> normal Real/Vector3r as you need.

I do not know if this would be good solution since it is true that
interactions are isolated but they are also deleted so it is not the right
manner perhaps to store energy variables. I will try to do the same as Bruno
did for the friction dissipation and see how the accumulator works. I guess
its use, for such cases, becomes necessary then.

Chiara