Re: ScGeom vs Dem3DOF

I think it is not a good idea to have almost the same functions in 2 IGs...

Are you saying Dem3Dof should not have been implemented because ScGeom was in Yade in the first place? ;-) Actually functions are very different, this is one reason why there are two IGs. The main differences are found in formulations (total/incremental). ScGeom is also handling different cases, like moment transfer and rate dependant constitutive relations in the periodic case. So, definitely, we don't have the same functions. This is why merging is not trivial. If you think ScGeom is useless duplicate, consider trying "yade scripts/test/chained-cylinder-spring.py" (needed 0 lines of code in terms of Ig, Ip, Law2), and wonder how you would do that with Dem3Dof (impossible).

Bruno

Anton Gladkyy