Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2136: 1. Add toy grid-based collider (very slow)

2010/7/21 Václav Šmilauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>

> > Did you use any paper for FlatGridCollider implementation?
> Nothing exact, it is a traditional method without any improvements (and
> it performs really bad). See Munjiza's Combined finite discrete element
> method book or his other papers (in Yade's references) for some
> rudimentary description.

Thanks, I will have a look.
I have done some tests on 6-core machine, and I can confirm again, that it
is almost impossible to
operate with more than 10^5 particles. The calculation speed is very slow
and cores are not completely loaded.
Timings show, if more particle we have, insertionsortcollider takes more
calculation time, see table in %:

#_elements    %InsertSC
17222            44.05%
36162            54.11%
50870            60.01%
83553            67.53%
107820          74.46%
126681          76.7%
164418          82.85%

We have to think about another type collider, if we have more, than 10^5
particles.

> PS. Do not change VTKRecorder for now, I have some changes here and
> don't want to conflict with you.

Ok, no problems.